For each one of our core classes, we will set up the rules in our living document! I will take pictures of each class and attach a gallery of each period at the bottom. Please stay tuned for this!
EXCEL in class:
Our classes will follow this model daily! There will be more information to come to all put this plan in action!
55% Major Assessments- Tests, Projects
35% Minor Assessments- Class work, quizzes, etc
10% Formative Assessments- homework, Bell Ringers, exit tickets, etc
*Retest: Students are allowed to re-test if they have turned in all class and homework up to 2 weeks after the test. It's up to the student to ask the teacher about a time to re-test.See my contact page for my availability this year.
1 Day Late: 10% Off
2-5 Days Late: 20% Off
6-10 Days Late: 40% Off
Below 60 F
1. Line up at the door and I will greet you everyday as you enter the class!
2. Turn in homework at the beginning of class in YOUR appropriate bin and quickly go to your seat and began working on the Warm-up/Bell-Ringer. It will be on the front white board or SMARTboard.
3. Sharpen pencils only at the 1st 3 minutes of class! Make sure you have materials out and ready within the 3 minutes.Check the warm-up/Bell Ringer to see if your table area needs supplies that day. If you are the leader for table, make sure you get what you need during the 1st 3 minutes. Every second counts in our room! I believe in you!
4. I will schedule at the beginning of the year affirmation times and explanations and how this works. However, throughout the year you will be able to write affirmations at the very beginning of class or 5 minutes at the end of class on your own.
5. You will check your mailboxes every Friday for graded assignments. Every quarter you can take the graded papers home, unless your parent/guardian have notified otherwise.
6. During class you will have sit at your assign color team and be eligible to earn points from going the extra moment, exceeding HOWL expectations, showing leadership and kindness, as well as working hard on tasks. Every two weeks we will have team color winners to earn different prizes!
7. At the end of every class we will have a quick debrief and launch! Every second counts, therefore, I will dismiss you at the end of class!